Welcome to my blog dedicated to my personal writing creations! I love writing just about anything, especially stories. I hope you enjoy!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Torn



This feeling of uncertainty
aches within my chest,
pressing down on my
                                    heart.
We should be okay,
he said we were fine.
You’re over thinking
                        everything.

Tears sting under my eyes.
Refusing to blink,
I press my lips tight
and wear a mask of
                        confidence.
Confidence in what?
Is this really worth it
                                    anymore?

I focus on my book,
reading usually helps.
Not this time.
Music.
            I can’t.
Running.
            I freeze.

I collapse on my bed
Like a helpless animal.
My hands start
            trembling.
with what? fear? insecurity?
                        I don’t know.

Those three words. I hate them.

THE three words.
            I love you.
            I can't say them.
My heart lurches and thrusts.
Warm tears flow down
my face like summer rain.


I am alone.
I will be alone.
I need to see him.
I need to know
                        for sure.
I pull myself together,
put on my mask
and jump in my car.
                        Hope.

Maybe I’m wrong.
Maybe I’m off.
Maybe we’re still strong.

I knock on his door
and walk inside.
                         I’m not.

Complacency.
            Coldness.
                        Crushed.

We both agree.
We’re done.

No comments:

Post a Comment