Welcome to my blog dedicated to my personal writing creations! I love writing just about anything, especially stories. I hope you enjoy!

Friday, July 12, 2013

Book Blogger Challenge: Day One

Day One: Make 15 Book Related Confessions

Confession One: I actually took a really long time to start reading the Harry Potter series. I started reading Sorcerer's Stone at a friends house, then had to start over a couple times with the Chamber of Secrets because I stopped reading too many times. The Prisoner of Azkaban was actually the first book of the series that I fell in love with, and I cannot stand the film adaption. It makes me mad just how much they strayed from the book and how much the director tried to be different.

Confession Two: I could never finish Eragon. This actually surprises me because it's one of those types of novels that sounds right up my ally. I don't know..it got boring for me. However it did make me cry...I'll always remember that for some reason.

Confession Three: I actually really liked the Twilight series BEFORE the movies came out. Those movies ruined it for me. Probably for the better, though.

Confession Four: I've read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire a total of four times. All 734 pages through and through. (Yes I have memorized the number of pages..)

Confession Five: Breaking Dawn was probably the worst ending to a series I've ever read.

Confession Six: The Luxe series really needs to be made into a movie, or even a TV show similar to the Gossip Girl series. I think it would be a complete hit and you can even take the cast of Gossip Girl and use them for the series. They're pretty much perfect.

Confession Seven: I've always wanted to write a novel, but whenever I start one I can never get much further than the middle of the rising action. I've probably finished writing only one story on my own in my life.

Confession Eight: I recently realized that the reason why I'm so critical with movies is because of their storyline. I'm so used to reading amazing books that I expect movies to be just as good..which obviously doesn't happen much. Does this make sense? I might just be weird.

Confession Nine: I really adore Laurie Stolarz's writing style. She somehow finds a way to make you feel like you're actually the character or there with the character every single time. I really hope I can somehow write something like her work someday.

Confession Ten: I sometimes forget just how much I love to read. When I'm reading, I think, "Wow, why haven't I done this more recently?" and then I finish the book and go back into the recent bad habit of procrastinating on starting a new one. Which is actually something I'm doing right now....

Confession Eleven: I kept my creative writing class's textbook in case I wanted to do some of the writing exercises and projects included inside of it. I have yet to actually open it since the last day of class.

Confession Twelve: One book that's always meant the most to me is my journal. I've kept one since around Kindergarden. It's really the only thing that can make me feel better when I get so stressed out and venting to my friends doesn't work well enough. Plus, it's filled with the most interesting dreams I've had and it's basically my life story.

Confession Thirteen: I actually have six completed journals.

Confession Fourteen: I really hope school doesn't get in the way of me reading again. Working at Disney definitely did (but it was a good reason).

Confession Fifteen: I really hope I can continue book blogging like I originally planned. I really love writing and books and I just feel like there's so much potential with this kind of hobby.

This was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be! I'm really looking forward to continuing this challenge though!

No comments:

Post a Comment